Welcome to Reception!
We hope you can visit the page lots during the year. We will be keeping it updated with photos of our learning, important letters for parents, as well as the 'Maths task of the week'. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Miss Jenkinson and the Reception Team
Maths Task of the week
This week we have been sharing and halving! Have a go at halving things around the house - cutting sandwiches in half, sharing biscuits between plates, finding half of a small group of objects, folding t-shirts in half, sharing coins between money boxes.
Infant Department dates for your diary:
Tuesday 25th April: Start of term for all pupils
Thursday 27th April: Chipping Norton Literary Festival Schools Day
Friday 28th April KPSA Film Night
Tuesday 2nd May: KPSA Meeting
Friday 5th May: KPSA Fill the Bag
Friday 5th May: KPSA Quiz Night
Monday 15th May: Reception trip to Kingham Hill Farm
Thursday 18th May: Reception Open Door 5
Friday 19th May: Outdoor Learning Day
Friday 25th May: Reception trip to Cogges Farm, Witney
Friday 25th May: End of Term
Monday 5th June: Term starts for all pupils
Friday 30th June: KPSA Barn Dance
Thursday 13th July: End of Year Reports
Thursday 13th July: Reception Open Door 6
Friday 14th July: Sports Day
Monday 17th July: Reserve Sports Day
Friday 21st July: End of Year - school closes at 2pm
Week 2 firsts...
Week 2 saw us even busier than week 1:
- we made our own family trees - cutting and sticking photos of people we love
- we did maths activities in the garden
- we visited the forest all together
- we started our phonics journey, learning new sounds, reading words and playing games
- we had our first PE lesson - gymnastics, which was great fun
- we watched our first episode of the 'Number Crew' to support our Maths learning
- we did some more painting - something mysteriously Christmassy!
- we explored even more of the classroom and made even more friends
- we played on the main playground and school field with the rest of the school
- we met our new Year 6 buddies
- we stayed for lunch - and ate more and more as the week went on
- we went to our first whole school assembly and sat beautifully!
- we decided what our class rules should be and talked about British Values
My goodness, I think we will all sleep well this weekend....we hope to see you at Tea and Tissues on Thursday 22nd September in the school hall where you can see photos of all our adventures so far.
Our First Week
What a busy first week we have had! Here are some of the activities we have been getting up to:
Phew!...and that was only week 1....what will week 2 bring us?
Every Thursday Reception class bake or cook and learn all about food. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or dietary requirements so we can plan accordingly.