Welcome to Reception!
We hope you can visit the page lots during the year. We will be keeping it updated with photos of our learning, important letters for parents, as well as the 'Maths task of the week'. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Miss Jenkinson and the Reception Team
Maths Task of the week
This week we have been thinking about symmetry. Can you find examples of symmetry in nature - our faces, butterflies....
Can you make symmetrical paint pictures. Using finger paints put some dots and splodges on half of a piece of paper. Fold it in half and pat down the paint - open it up and what have you got?
Infant Department dates for your diary:
Monday 9th January: Reception Vision checks
Friday 3rd February: Mid-year reports out to parents
Thursday 9th February: KPSA Film night
Friday 10th February: End of Term 3 (3pm)
Monday 13th - Friday 17th February: Half term
Monday 20th February: Start of term 4
Wednesday 22nd February: Year 2 Open door (3.00-3.30pm)
Wednesday 22nd February: Year 2 SATs information session (3.30pm-4.00pm)
Monday 27th February - Friday 17th March: Fair Trade Fortnight
Thursday 2nd March: KPSA Meeting 7pm
Thursday 2nd March: Wear it Orange day
Friday 3rd March: World Book Day Celebrations
Friday 9th March: Year 1 and 2 Science Workshop
Monday 13th - Friday 17th March: Science Week
Wednesday 15th March: Year 1 Dance Festival at CNS (1.15pm - 2.45pm)
Friday 24th March: Year 1 Class Assembly
Friday 24th March: Comic Relief
Wednesday 29th March: Year 2 School Olympics at CNS (1.15pm - 3.30pm)
Thursday 30th March: Year 1 Open Door (3.00-3.30pm)
Tuesday 4th March: KPSA Easter Bingo
Tuesday 4th March; Reception visit to Cotswold Motor Museum
Wednesday 5th March: Parent's Evening
Thursday 6th March: Parent's Evening
Friday 7th March: End of Term - school breaks up at 2.00pm
Week 2 firsts...
Week 2 saw us even busier than week 1:
- we made our own family trees - cutting and sticking photos of people we love
- we did maths activities in the garden
- we visited the forest all together
- we started our phonics journey, learning new sounds, reading words and playing games
- we had our first PE lesson - gymnastics, which was great fun
- we watched our first episode of the 'Number Crew' to support our Maths learning
- we did some more painting - something mysteriously Christmassy!
- we explored even more of the classroom and made even more friends
- we played on the main playground and school field with the rest of the school
- we met our new Year 6 buddies
- we stayed for lunch - and ate more and more as the week went on
- we went to our first whole school assembly and sat beautifully!
- we decided what our class rules should be and talked about British Values
My goodness, I think we will all sleep well this weekend....we hope to see you at Tea and Tissues on Thursday 22nd September in the school hall where you can see photos of all our adventures so far.
Our First Week
What a busy first week we have had! Here are some of the activities we have been getting up to:
Phew!...and that was only week 1....what will week 2 bring us?
Every Thursday Reception class bake or cook and learn all about food. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or dietary requirements so we can plan accordingly.